Please Mark Your Calendars for these Important Mission and Outreach Dates:
- March 27 – Score Night for Ricker Family (coupons will be available closer to that date)
- April 22 – 7:00 – Euchre Tournament (benefits NKCS and one other charity of winner’s choice)
- April 28 – 6:30 – Bunco Tournament for Myasthenia Gravis Foundation (Contact Priscilla Walden to sign up)
- Habitat for Humanity– Spring/Summer 2017
- May 12 – Diamond Dinner
- June 8-11 – Rockford Start of Summer Celebration
- June 11-14 –J-Walker youth mission trip
- June 24-July 1 – ASP to Appalachia (senior high/adult mission trip)
THANK YOU FROM ASP TEAM On Sunday, February 12, 2017, $4,540.92 was raised to help send our youth to the Appalachian Mountains to make poverty level homes warmer, safer, and drier.
Saturday, April 22, 7 p.m. in Fellowship Hall is our annual Euchre Tournament. This Mission Committee fundraiser collects canned/ boxed goods for NKCS and funds for a charity of the tournament winner’s choice. The tournament costs $4.00 per person, bring around 6-10 nonperishable canned/boxed goods in case you get Euchred, and a snack to share. Drinks provided. LOTS OF FUN AND FELLOWSHIP WILL BE HAD!
- Hand2Hand Opportunities – We are a part of a group of other churches sponsoring the Rockford Public Schools, feeding hungry children and families through HAND2HAND and our school is Parkside. Please pray that the children would feel God’s love for them and that doors would be opened so that we could reach out in other ways as well. For more details call our Hand2Hand coordinator, Danielle Crowe, at 616-914-7050.
- Appalachia Service Project ASP is a Christian home repair ministry, affiliated with the General Board of Discipleship of the United Methodist Church, but open to all. Five crews of senior high youth will be going to Logan County, WV, from June 24 – July 1, 2017
- Bread Pan Offering Each week an offering is collected in bread pans to serve the basic needs of others. Through the bread pan offering, RUMC contributes to 9 international agencies, 7 U.S. agencies, 6 outstate Michigan agencies, and 18 Kent County/Rockford agencies each year.
- CROP Walk is neighbors walking together to take a stand against hunger in our world. Together we raise awareness and funds for international relief and development, as well as local hunger-fighting. RUMC participates in this with other area churches.
- Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, nondenominational Christian housing ministry which works with people such as volunteers from RUMC to build simple, decent, affordable houses with those who lack adequate shelter. RUMC has been assigned its 2017 house at 820 Arianna, N.W. in Grand Rapids. It is the 400th house to be built by Habitat Kent County! Habitat wishes to thank RUMC for its 30th year of financial support. We have also been building with them since 1995! May 19 is the date we volunteer to work on the house. Just
over $2,200 was sent to Habitat to support the building of the 400th house from your bread pan donations and mission’s budget! THANKS!!
- North Kent Community Services NKCS provides food, clothing and household assistance to families and individuals in need in Kent County, Michigan.
- Barrel in Narthex – Since the first Sunday of every month is communion Sunday, we would like to make a commitment on the first Sunday of each month to bring something in for the North Kent Community Services barrel located in the south narthex. NKCS is always in need of meal helpers, boxed potatoes, pasta, spaghetti sauce, soup, peanut butter and jelly, Jello and pudding, cake mixes and frosting, cereal, salad dressings, canned fruit, cereal and granola bars, coffee and hot cocoa, toothpaste and toothbrushes, laundry detergent, toilet paper, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, and anything else nonperishable. THANKS! In dire need of laundry detergent and feminine products.
Work bees at night will be scheduled when there is plenty of work. If you would like to add your e-mail address to the list that gets the work bee e-mails, please contact the Church Office.
NKCS also needs your help during the day. If you have time to volunteer during the day, please call NKCS at 866.3478.