“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” – Timothy 1:12
Youth Ministries Coordinator
Deb Seagle ~ Office: 616-866-9515 ~ Mobile: 616-780-7596 ~ email@example.com
Our youth groups have been given new names.
- J-Walkers – Middle School students in grade 6-8
- STATIC – (Students Taking Action Together in Christ) Senior High students in grades 9-12
YOUTH GROUP EVENTS: J-WALKERS/STATIC
Sunday School (Sept – May)
Sunday School is offered for students in grades 6-12 from 10:00 – 10:50 am during the school year. Students each explore various areas of the Bible discussion, video and activities.
SENIOR HIGH SUNDAY SCHOOL YOUTH will begin a new class on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 5 in the Wesley Room. Find out who God has actually created you to BE!
1. Be Yourself: Teens will learn that their identity isn’t wrapped up in what the world says. Rachel covers contentment and the truth money itself isn’t evil. This lesson also emphasizes it’s not about how much money you have, but rather what you do with money that matters.
2. Be Realistic: Today’s teens are drowning in advertising and hit with peer pressure all day every day. In this lesson, students learn how to fight these pressures—and win. The concepts of debt and net worth are also introduced, along with the question of whether or not it’s okay to have nice things.
3. Be Aware: Teens face a lot of money myths: My parents will always take care of me. One day, I’ll have as much money as my parents do now. Teens don’t need to budget. Money isn’t spiritual. I shouldn’t give if I don’t have money. This lesson debunks these myths and gives students a new mindset for their money
Wednesday Night Programs (Sept – May)
Our Wednesday night programs and dinner have begun.
Opportunities for students:
OUR “BIG GIRLS’ GROUP” Fall session will be held from Wednesday, October 25-Wednesday, December 6. Please feel free to come after school to do your homework. Our Bible study will be at 4:00-5:30 pm. It is going to be a wonderful opportunity to learn more about God’s Word, to experience Christian fellowship, and to grow in your faith.
Static Youth Group Progressive Dinner will be Sunday, December 3, starting at 5:00 pm at RUMC. We will conclude around 8:30 pm at RUMC with dessert and a white elephant gift exchange. RSVP to Deb Seagle at firstname.lastname@example.org, by November 26!
If you enjoy making a beautiful noise you can join either our Hand Bell Choir or our Chancel Choir. It is open to adults and students starting at 9th grade. Practice is Wednesday evenings and the Chancel Choir sings at most Sunday 8:45 services, and the Hand Bell Choir plays a handful of times throughout the year. Contact Val, our Music Director, at 616-866-9515.
- Hand Bell Choir rehearsal- 6:30 pm
- Chancel Choir rehearsal – 7:45 pm
In addition to on-going youth classes, please see our other education opportunities.