Kids Connection: Connecting Kids to Christ and Each Other
We offer a variety of programs and classes for the children of RUMC.
- Nov. 12- Operation Christmas Child Deadline-by 12:00
- Nov. 22 & 26- NO PROGRAMS- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Nov. 29- Hanging of the Greens- a Family Night
ATTENTION PARENTS: CHANGE! Christmas Eve Program
Christmas Eve is on Sunday this year! This means we have morning AND evening services, so things will be changed a bit. The children’s program will be during the 11:00 morning worship service on Sunday December 24th.
Melissa Chapman will be directing along with our choir director Val Northcutt and the praise team! Please email Melissa if you plan to have your child/ren participate: firstname.lastname@example.org *Look for information on practice times. We invite you to share the message of our Savior’s birth on Christmas Eve!
JAMS (Jesus and Me Sundays) is offered to children 4 years to 4th grades after the Children’s Moment at both Sunday worship services; 8:45 & 11:00AM.
- Volunteers still needed! Especially during first service!
- Change Regarding Student Helpers: we’ve had too many & there have been problems with that so from now on please only allow 4th & 5th graders to be helpers. (unless your older child is serving with you)
- Remember to stick to our routines! This helps the program to run smoothly & creates consistency for the kids. A list of these will be sent to you with the next schedule. Please be sure to refresh your memory.
Sunday School 10:00-10:50am – focus for November classes are:
November: Elijah 3 main themes:
- He was a great prophet used by God
- God took care of him in all situations
- We are to follow the 1st commandment no idols, only God!
Wednesday Night Activities
RESTRUCTURING! We are excited to be implementing a new curriculum called “Dig-in” by Group, where we will be studying the life and ministry of Jesus! This year our focus will be on small group relationships, the heart of worship, and of course JESUS!
Our Wednesday Night Program looks like this:
- 5:30-6:10 Dinner
- 5:45-6:10 Liturgical Dance practice Room 200
- 6:10 Check in with teacher in the Sanctuary
- 6:10-6:45 Our senior high youth help lead us in opening worship, prayer and story time.
- 6:45-7:35 In small groups we rotate around 3 activity stations in the TWC (Teen Worship Center)focused on the night’s lesson.
- 7:35 Check out in the TWC (Teen Worship Center)
Volunteers Needed: To lead a group of 5 or 6 kids around activity stations. Play simple games with a Bible point, guide prepared crafts, open the Bible with youngsters, read from a picture Bible and love on our kids! Activities given to you in advance to read over. Please contact me if you can help! Laura Inman: email@example.com
4th & 5th Graders: We currently don’t have enough volunteers to be able to offer our faith followers program. Last year, we had a WONDERFUL group of 8 to 10 fourth and fifth graders who loved coming on Wednesday nights. This is an important age to nurture deeper thinking and we need to have space for them to grow in faith on their level!
Liturgical Dance Practice Wednesday evening 5:45-6:10pm
In addition to on-going children’s and youth classes, please see our other education opportunities.