Kids Connection: Connecting Kids to Christ and Each Other
We offer a variety of programs and classes for the children of RUMC.
Praise in the Park: Sundays 6-7:15 downtown!
June 18- Pastor Ken’s Retirement Party 12pm
June 24- July 1: ASP Senior High Mission- PRAY
July 24- WEEK OF- VBS decorating (details to come)
July 31- August 3 Vacation Bible School
JAMS (Jesus and Me Sundays) is offered to children 4 years to 4th grades after the Children’s Moment at both Sunday worship services; 8:45 & 11:00AM.
Sunday School classes begin at 10 am. Last Sunday will be May 21. We will begin again in September!
Memory Verse “Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his Power. Put on the whole armor of God.” (Eph. 6:1013a)
Our Sunday school is based on the Workshop Rotation. In Workshop Rotation Sunday School, we teach the same Bible story for 4 to 5 weeks in a row to all our elementary students. Each week classes rotate into a new and unique workshop (art, video, game, drama, cooking, computer, etc.). However, teachers stay-put in the workshop of their strength, repeating their lesson each week to a new group, while adapting and improving their lesson during the “rotation.”
- Bible literacy improves when the same story is taught through different workshops over 4 to 5 weeks.
- Each workshop focuses on a different creative learning style or “intelligence,” which broadens memory.
- Teacher preparation time is reduced from every week to every 4 or 5 weeks. This also allows the teacher to improve their lesson and consider more creative approaches because they aren’t having to come up with something new each week.
- Teachers are recruited for the workshop of their strength and choice in four to five week commitments.
- Traditional boring classrooms become transformed into fun, inventive workshops.
We encourage you to make Sunday school a priority for your family in 2017 and we welcome you to join us 10-10:50 upstairs in room 200. Ages preschool through 5th grade.
Our Wednesday Night programs have ended for the months of May-Aug. See you in September!
Wednesday Nights look like this:
- 5:30- Dinner.
- 6:10 Worship.
- 6:25-7:40 Christ’s Kids (preschool through 3rd grade) & Faith Followers (4th & 5th) meet upstairs. Classes for all ages!
These programs focus on teaching Bible skills, scripture memorization and a basic understanding of the stories of the Bible. The kids use a workbook for at home devotional time and earn points to spend at “Store.” Their time in class includes story time, a short video, and art time as well as some games. We’d love to have you join us!!!
Liturgical Dance Practice Wednesday evening 6:00-6:30pm
In addition to on-going children’s and youth classes, please see our other education opportunities.