Kids Connection: Connecting Kids to Christ and Each Other
We offer a variety of programs and classes for the children of RUMC.
- April 2-9: No Sunday school or Wed. Night (Spring Break)
- April 9th: Easter Egg Hunt- a community outreach event 3:30- bring your friends!
- April 16th: Easter
- April 26th: Last Wednesday Night Activities
- April 30: Teacher Appreciation
- May 21st: Sunday school wraps up
- July 31-August 3: Vacation Bible School!!
Easter Egg Hunt: April 9 at 3:30pm.
Community Outreach Event! Here is an opportunity to help us invite others into our church! We will have over 1,000 eggs hidden around the church as well as face painting and crafts. Most importantly, we will be sharing the message of JESUS! Invitations are available to pick up in both the south and center narthex. We are looking for a person/people to coordinate this event in future years. If you are interested, you can shadow Laura Inman this year. Contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, or if you feel God leading you to this fun event. CANDY DONATIONS are needed to fill the plastic Easter eggs, no nuts please.
Save the Date!!! Make plans now to send your children to summer camp.
JAMS (Jesus and Me Sundays) is offered to children 4 years to 4th grades after the Children’s Moment at both Sunday worship services; 8:45 & 11:00AM.
Sunday School classes begin at 10 am.
Studying: Easter- Christ’s Resurrection!
The Workshop Rotation in Brief: In Workshop Rotation Sunday School, we teach the same Bible story for 4 to 5 weeks in a row to all our elementary students. Each week classes rotate into a new and unique workshop (art, video, game, drama, cooking, computer, etc.). However, teachers stay-put in the workshop of their strength, repeating their lesson each week to a new group, while adapting and improving their lesson during the “rotation.”
- Bible literacy improves when the same story is taught through different workshops over 4 to 5 weeks.
- Each workshop focuses on a different creative learning style or “intelligence,” which broadens memory.
- Teacher preparation time is reduced from every week to every 4 or 5 weeks. This also allows the teacher to improve their lesson and consider more creative approaches because they aren’t having to come up with something new each week.
- Teachers are recruited for the workshop of their strength and choice in four to five week commitments.
- Traditional boring classrooms become transformed into fun, inventive workshops.
We encourage you to make Sunday school a priority for your family in 2017 and we welcome you to join us 10-10:50 upstairs in room 200. Ages preschool through 5th grade.
Wednesday Nights look like this:
- 5:30- Dinner.
- 6:10 Worship.
- 6:25-7:40 Christ’s Kids (preschool through 3rd grade) & Faith Followers (4th & 5th) meet upstairs. Classes for all ages!
We continue our study on Who God is. These programs focus on teaching Bible skills, scripture memorization and a basic understanding of the stories of the Bible. The kids use a workbook for at home devotional time and earn points to spend at “Store.” Their time in class includes story time, a short video, and art time as well as some games. We’d love to have you join us!!!
If you haven’t already gotten a parent information packet for the new school year, please be sure to grab one off the ledge under the bulletin boards in the South Narthex. We’ve included a calendar for the year, a list of up-coming activities and information on our programs for all ages!
Liturgical Dance Practice Wednesday evening 6:00-6:30pm
The dance group had a wonderful performance on Sunday, March 5th, with the great music of the Praise Team, to the song, “I am “. Thanks to Chelle Hipp for assisting me during this performance!
- The amazing dancers were:
Gracie and Ty Couch Audrey Hipp
- Emily and Grace Smith Nina Chapman
- Kaia and Camille Blasky Lidia Russo
- Sadie Inman Gabe Cecil
Our final performance for this season, will be on Easter Sunday, April 16th at 11:00 am, to a beautiful song, “The Easter Song”. We will practice in the sanctuary on Wednesdays 6:00 to 6:30 pm. Dress rehearsal is Tuesday, April 11th at 6:30, in the sanctuary. No practice on April 5th. Please contact Jennifer McDaniel at email@example.com, or 616-204-9493 with any questions. Thank you!
In addition to on-going children’s and youth classes, please see our other education opportunities.